Second International Conference
Women in Mathematics in
December 9 – 10, 2021,
International Center for Mathematical Sciences – Sofia (ICMS-Sofia) and the
Institute of the Mathematical Sciences of the Americas at the University of Miami (IMSA)
The initiative Women in Mathematics of South-Eastern Europe, aiming at promoting the role of female mathematicians, started in Dec 2020, when the inaugural conference took place. A special distinguished guest of the inaugural conference was prof. Mina Teicher from the Department of Mathematics and Gonda Brain Research Center, Bar-Ilan University, Israel, Director of Emmy Noether Institute for Mathematics. Information about the first conference is available at: https://icms.bg/women-in-math-2020/.
We intend to make these conferences annual. The main goal of this initiative is to celebrate women in Mathematics, to disseminate new results and create new long-term collaborations among scientists in South-Eastern Europe. We hope Women in Mathematics of South-Eastern Europe will attract the attention of young researchers and researchers from less-favoured countries.
The speakers are proposed by an international committee including Mina Teicher (Department of Mathematics and Gonda Brain Research Center, Director of Emmy Noether Institute for Mathematics), Phillip Griffiths (Professor Emeritus, Institute for Advanced Study, USA), Ludmil Katzarkov (Miami University, Co-director of the Institute of Mathematical Sciences of the Americas), Velichka Milousheva (Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Deputy Director).
Distinguished Invited Speakers
Barbara Drinovec Drnovšek
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques (IHES), France
- Adela Mihai, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest and Transilvania University of Brasov, Interdisciplinary Doctoral School, Brasov, Romania
- Azniv Kasparian, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Bulgaria
- Biljana Jolevska-Tuneska, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, N. Macedonia
- Danijela Rajter-Ćirić, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Margarita Zachariou, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Cyprus
- Mariya Soskova, Department of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin–Madison, USA and Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”,
- Meral Tosun, Department of Mathematics, Galatasaray University, Turkey
- Mirjana Vukovic, Academy of Science and Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina